March 18, 2007

在喫茶趣(Cha For Tea)找碴

Last night my friends and I went to "Cha For Tea"(喫茶趣), a tea house where lots of people hang out with friends or enjoy delicious meals with their family. Since my friends and I didn't make a reservation, we had to wait to get a table. We were so bored while lining up, so we decided to take a look at the menu first. To my astonishment, I saw "mango mouse" on the menu! And there are some other mistakes on it as well. I showed the typos I found to my friends, and one of them was teasing me by saying "You would never overlook such teenie tiny errors, would you?" "I can't help it. It's my job.(沒辦法,職業病嘛~)"I replied. Haha~~~

Well, here are the typos I found on the menu:
1. Green tea mango mouse
2. Please chose one of the items
3. King's tea flavored pork with noodle

Can you correct all of them? Actually, I wrote them down on the sheet of the customer's feedback. I hope next time when you/I visit the tea house, these typos will have been corrected.:)

Well, some of you might think I'm crazy. But you know what? Such a typo reflects how the tea house runs a business. I think you might have seen errors/typos like these on the menus of some restaurants, or on the notebooks you bought or some other stationery. These errors all result from irresponsibility. It might also leave a bad impression on those English speakers in Taiwan. Remember some part of a movie was made to mock at the products made in Taiwan--cheap but with bad quality?! Of course, no one is perfect, and we all know "To err is human; to forgive, divine." But if you make mistakes and don't want to make them up, it's inexcusable, right? I do hope the tea house would correct their errors after "someone" had already given them some heartfelt feedback. Maybe you can try doing the same thing as I did last night to help some restaurants or companies and further to make Taiwan better. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Green tea mango "mousse"
2. Please "choose" one of the items
3. King's tea "flavour" pork with noodle

Irene said...

Good job on # 1 & 2!:D

Irene said...

We usually add "s" to "noodle." :)